September 25, 2007

Out of control weekend in Thatcher!







So i was in good ol' thatcher last weekend because one of my best friends from high school was getting married there. i know what you're thinking, who the heck wants to get married in thatcher, it definitely is not the dream place for a wedding!! but seriously, it was the perfect wedding for my friend clay! his parents had set up this giant tent in his back yard, with an over sized red wagon on the side filled with mountains of bud light, and to the side of that was a big bar with more alcohol than i have ever seen in my entire life, i'm not even exaggerating, it was out of control! well all of this was set up next to the horse corrals and cotton fields which totally suits clay! so me and my cousin brandi came together because we didn't really know what to expect, this being our first non mormon wedding and all, but it was great! they both looked so nice! but the wedding wasn't the shocker! as soon as they said "i do," almost ever person there was drinking, and not very casually, we are talking a beer in both hands and not leaving the side of the huge red wagon! the reception was the funniest thing i have ever seen, i wish i had my video camera! clay's dad was so drunk he was in the middle of the dance floor making people be in a circle around him as he danced around! i thought any second he was going to fall over and pass out. brandi, megan and i just sat and laughed the entire time! but then i started thinking that this was why i always hate going to receptions, they are way more boring than this, maybe if someone spiked the punch we wouldn't hate going to receptions anymore! no i'm totally kidding but it was pretty dang funny!

9 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Sounds like a PARTY!! You crack me up. Megan was talking about it too! Who was going to drive all those people home??! You looks so cute, like always! Brandi's dad is in our bishopbric. He is awesome!

Webb Family said...

What a party! My friend & I have been to a reception like that wow can they have a good time!

taytum said...

One of my mom's co-worker's is Catholic, and she always tells her that us mormons don't know how to party. When someone gets married they drink and party until the early morning hours.

I don't think that I would trade my quiet reception with coherent people!

Spencer and Marlee said...

Let's be honest! You aren't kidding! You would spike your punch if you could re-due it! That is funny! I can totally picture you three just laughing and having a great time!

Deanne Wahl said...

Sounds like you had fun! I can't believe Clay got married! I hope I will see in Thatcher! Let me know if you are going and we will get together! Laters

Unknown said...

Camille:
I had to see who the other Camille was on MaryAnn's website, and I was so happy it was you!! Your little boy is SO cute!! I loved looking at your blog b/c I haven't seen you in FOREVER!! And Camille are you sure you weren't tipping back on a few beers at this reception?? I know how crazy you are (just kidding) I love receptions like that b/c you can make a fool of yourself and nobody will remember :) Have a great day!!

Whitney said...

Whoa! I never even heard that he was engaged. Do I know that girl? Your darling by the way!

Bridget and Dustin said...

Welcome to the blogging world! I'm sorry that I have been bad at not commenting. I would help you with your blog, but it looks like you know what you are doing! If you need help just let me know! Love seeing all the cute pictures of your cute family!

Kara said...

Please Camille, a piece of you would die inside if we didn't end up moving to Sierra Vista. By the way, congrats on the baby news! I can't wait for May for baby camille to make her debut!